Aug 19, 2011

Rough Start to the Beginning of the School Year

We started back to our homeschooling year this week.  We've also been without any Internet access for eight days.  It's been an interesting week.  I started the week with detailed schedules for myself and the school day.  Yesterday that went out the window.  I tried this last year too, but it just doesn't seem to work well.  We do better having a list of what needs to be accomplished and just checking it off as we go.  I think perhaps it is because we have a one-year-old messing up our schedule.

That brings me to another problem.  What do I do with the one-year-old while homeschooling the third grader?  I've tried to line up activities for him, but his attention span is limited to about 1-2 minutes per activity.  Then he just wants my attention.  We've tried putting him in the high chair with play dough or crayons, but he still eats everything in sight.  If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment