Sep 22, 2011

Thrift Store Shopping

I don’t shop at thrift stores often because I find that they tend to be time consuming. I can usually find new clothing on clearance for about the same prices as some used thrift store items.   With my own children, I always buy ahead when things go on clearance, and I shop garage sales whenever I have time.  When the weather changes at our house, I just pull out the tote marked with my boys' size and fill their drawers with "new" clothes.  Since we took in two foster kids though, I've been needed to find them winter clothes now.  It's hard to find good deals on in-season clothes.  So I called around and found that one thrift store in the community has five dollar Thursdays.  Everything I can fit into my little shopping basket (including shoes, belts, purses, etc.) is only $5.  I've already gone up there three times, and I've brought home over 60 items for my new foster kids!  Then I ran into a lady that I knew at the store, she told me that another thrift store in town is clearance all summer clothes at $0.25 right now, and all socks and underwear are free!  I'm not big on buying used underwear, but I found out that Walmart donates opened packages of new underwear to these thrift stores.  So call around and find out if any thrift stores in your area have any deals.  It will be worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment