Jul 20, 2011

Getting Kids to Eat Their Vegetables

Do your kids turn up their nose to veggies?  Up until now, I haven't had much of a problem with this.  Our oldest son, Luke, always been a very good eater, including vegetables.  Our toddler, on the other hand, has started pushing away most veggies.  I sneak veggies into many things though! 

The other day I made a big pot of chili.  While cooking the chili in the crock pot, I cooked a bag of carrots on the stove.  When the carrots were very soft, I put them in the blender and pureed them.  Then I just mixed them into the chili, and no one even knew there was a pound of carrots in the chili.  I also make my own pasta sauce in big batches at a time.  I add purred veggies to this too!  Then I use the pasta sauce for a variety of meals including, spaghetti, ravioli, pasta casserole, and homemade pizza. 



Do you have any secrets for getting kids to eat their veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment