Jul 6, 2011

Reading Corner

Who doesn't want to curl up in a comfortable chair and read a good book.  I think it is so important to create reading spots in your home for your children.  When I taught fourth grade in the public school I always had several comfy reading spots around the room for the children.  (I wish I would have taken a picture!)  Now that we are homeschooling, I figured my own children needed their own reading spots.  We don't have a lot of extra room, but I squeezed an old beanbag chair and oversized pillow between the couch and one of our bookshelves. 
Our books are spread throughout the living room and hallway, all on low, easily accessible bookshelves. This created a problem for a few months as our toddler emptied them all daily. He's better about it now though.

If you have made a special reading spot for your child, please share it with us.


Carnival of Homeschooling

This post is part of the July 13th edition of the Carnival f Homeschooling.  Check out all of the great posts there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment